Monday, January 16, 2012

In case you were wondering

So far so good with all the house jazz. I mean, still not gonna jinx myself but it's down from most real estate websites. Guess that means someone bought it....

I'm starting to think about our lives there: the grocery store I'll shop at, the target we'll frequent, the parks we'll walk to, the church we'll belong to, the school our lovelies will attend....

Speaking of which, just in case you were wondering, Christ the King is the answer to the last two questions. It's within walking distance! There's just one eeensie weensie problemo. I looked at tuition today. Let's just say it's a good thing I looked 4 years in advance. That's probably how long it'll take us to save up. $4,600 for one kid. Good news, though. 3+ is only $9,000! One of the only times when having more kids is bang for your buck!

I guess we'll see just how bargain friendly my hubby really is.

3 comments:

KT @ KT's Refinishing School said...

It sounds like you guys will be in the neighborhood right by our old duplex--we lived on Delmar between Midland! I love that neighborhood and it is definitely where we would have bought a house had we stayed in St. Louis long term.

I bet you will shop at Schnuck's and Dierberg's and frequent the Target that is right off of Brentwood (and in the same parking lot as Bed, Bath and Beyond and Trader Joe's) since that's where we shopped and it is all very close to you, especially now that the I-170 bridge on Delmar has reopened :)

Can't wait to hear more about your adventures!

Gabrielle said...

Kaity! We are so in love with the area! I will have to ask you so many questions because we literally saw the house/area once and put in an offer. We are on Stanford a liitle east of Hanley Everyone says it's great neighborhood. I heard once you get closer to Olive you start to get sketchy. Is that right?

I can't wait to scope out the shopping. The galleria isn't too far away either, is it? Not to mention, the zoo is close...and FREE! Jude and I will be going a lot I'm sure. I saw the Target on Brentwood when we were down there, but didn't see Trader Joes. Great news! I'm happy to hear that you loved it....we're hoping too as well

KT @ KT's Refinishing School said...

I'd be happy to answer questions any time--feel free to FB message me with anything that comes to mind :)

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that you get the house!