Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving

Do you like how I'm on a roll tonight? This is what happens when I'm not able to blog for several days. Not to mention during a super busy time of the year.

Speaking of that, I'd just like to tell you that we've eaten 3 huge Thanksgiving dinners in 3 days. So much for losing the baby weight! The first Thanksgiving was at our house. We had our parents and siblings over for a pre-Thanksgiving on Wednesday because Chris had to work on Thanksgiving day. You'd be surprised...I cooked. a lot. and people were able to eat it. and like it. yeah, who knew? That right there, my friends, is the first bird Chris and I tackled. not too shabby.



Not surprisingly, we were all decorated for Christmas by the time we had people over.  Just the way I like it!
  I'm annoyed by that JCPenny bag in the corner....it's been sitting there for um...I don't know, 3 months.  It's clothes that need to go to the goodwill.  Maybe one day I'll make it there.  Wanna know what's sad?  My goal isn't even to get it to the goodwill.  Nope, I go step by step people.  My goal is to get that sucker in my car.  You can see how well I've done with that.

 We used my grandma's Christmas china.  She would've loved it!

Have I told you that I have a collection(obsession) with napkin rings?  Well, I do.  Can I tell you how excited I was to actually use them? Incredibly.

And now for something that'll make you smile......

......how cute are auntie lala and judebug?  To die for, right?
(minus his redeye....apparently editing would've been too much work)

So we had a great time at our house.  We missed Matt and Jen and Jen and Joey.  I tell ya....those married folk, always busy.  Next time guys!  There's still china and napkin rings that need to be used!

Round 2

Thanksgiving Round 2 was over at my Uncle Mike's and Aunt Ann's house.  Delish as ever, but I was so excited to see my cousin's new baby, Leah.  Our family has been blessed with 3 new babies this year.  I couldn't wait for this moment:

 L to R: My cousin Evan's daughter, Lux,  Emily with Jude,  My cousin Ashley's baby, Macy, and my cousin Paul's baby, Leah.

And they're done.

Emily snapped a couple great shots of Jude that same night.  


 This is his new look....biting his lower lip.




And here are some of her with Jude!




 And then there's us.  You know, it's true what they say about moms (me at least).  I didn't even know I looked like this.  I must not have done my hair and/or makeup.  I was too worried about making sure I packed enough diapers, the formula, bottles, etc.  welcome to the world of not caring how you look!


Round 3

So you think we're done with Thanksgiving?  Not quite.  Round 3 was at my parent's house.  And my grandparents got to see Jude!




Gramps thinks Jude's 'solid as a rock.'  and now I can't get the commercial "like a rock" song out of my head.

And of course auntie lala had to get her jude fix.  Poor thing only has Leo up in the big MN to keep her company.


Speaking of Leo (disclaimer: I in no way, shape or form like this cat)......

But I do like this little guy whose little ways are as sneaky as a cat these days......

Um, hello, assume crawling position NOW:


 These were the hosts of Thanksgiving round 3. 

And last, but certainly not least, in the spirit of turkey day, we found in only right to let our little love see what all the fuss was about.  Can't say he liked it.



Gobble, Gobble!

No comments: