Friday, October 19, 2012

Peas

What happened to my baby? He's like, big now! I have to just tell you the cutest things he's been doing lately. Chris and I constantly ask ourselves what's going on in that little mind of his. We might not know what, but there sure is a lot of whatever it is!

So have I told you that he's getting a little too demanding now that we have the PBS Kids app on my iPad? Suddenly the kid thinks he owns the thing. He'll crawl up next to me and take it away saying "Elbo, Elbo." To be honest, I was quite annoyed by his rudeness. So the other day I had a long, long talk with him about manners. It went something like this:

Me: Jude, you can't just take Mommy's iPad!
Jude: Elbo, Elbo!
Me: No! You need to be nice. Say please!
Jude: Elbo, Elbo.....(pause)....peas!
Me: (dying of cuteness) Oh ok, that was very nice to say please. You can have Elmo now.
Jude: Elbo, peas, peas, Elbo!

Now whenever he sees the iPad he says, "Elbo, Elbo, peas, peas, Elbo!"

My gosh, I'm dying just thinking of the cuteness! Almost makes me want to go wake him up from his nap just to hear him say it......almost.

Besides learning how to say "peas" he's also been reading a lot (to his BFF Elmo of course), especially finding the kitties and pups in every book. What will I do if he starts demanding a kitty or a pup?! You better believe I'm pumping up the fishies in every book, hoping they soon catch his attention, too.

But alas, let's not forget his stacking obsession. Yes, it drives me bonkers when he gets every can out of the cupboard, but you just can't deny that kind of talent.

So in the end, I will continue to share my iPad and put back cans/bottles because it is just to darn cute not to.

No comments: