Thursday, October 18, 2012

Snippets of Fall

Did you know that Fall is my favorite season?  I didn't either.....until I moved to Nebraska.  You see, when you grow up in Pasadena you are only familiar with two seasons:  hot and not as hot.  Unfortunately, I hear that it is still the hot season there.  Like 100 degree weather in October.  I used to love that, but now, having experienced Fall in the Midwest, I don't think I could ever accept that kind of behavior from Mother Nature.

St. Louis Fall is proving to be just as beautiful as Nebraska's.  All the brick houses in our neighborhood add the perfect backdrop to the yellowy, orangy, and red(dy?) leaves.  I'm loving it!  (I definitely just sang the McDonald's theme song when I wrote that.)













Isn't it gorge?  I'd love for it to stay this way forever, but then we wouldn't get to my most absolute favorite time of the year:  Christmas!  So I'll just soak it in while I can.
 
Little side note:  Are you feeling bad for my bug after seeing his nose?  Don't worry, he's ok.  He was pushing his 'truh' outside when he tripped and somehow landed smack dab on the smeller.  He cried, yelled "ouchie, ouchie" and in .2 seconds wanted to go right back to his truck.  There was no time for mommy-love in all that ouchie-ness.  Such a boy.

Hope you are enjoying your Fall!

No comments: