Friday, October 12, 2012

sleep & desitin

Have you ever had those days when your husband wakes up an hour and a half late and you catch your son snacking on a tube of Desitin diaper rash cream?

Well, that was my day yesterday. 

For the record, everything is fine with my boys.  And thank God Christopher is a boy because it took him less than 10 seconds to pop on some scrubs and head out the door.  Luckily for him, the attending doc wasn't even in the reading room yet, so phew, it's like it never happened (except for the fact that he ended up explaining it to him later anyway....)  You'd think having a baby would be a built in alarm, but if you get up before the crack of dawn, it doesn't always work. 

As for the diaper rash cream eating incident, let me set the scene.  We were in the basement.  I was cleaning up some sewing materials.  Jude was in his cell.....I mean, his side of the basement. Elmo was on, and yet it was eerily quiet.  Usually at this point there is a small child running around, jumping on the couch screaming, "Elboooooo, Elbooooooooo."  When it finally occurred to me that Jude was in fact up to something I looked over and saw a face and hands covered in white.  I immediately looked in his mouth to see how much was in there.  To my surprise, there was hardly any, but I freaked anyway.  It was the first time I called poison control.  Just in case you find your toddler, or friend, eating some Desitin, you are in the clear.  I mean, there could potentially be some diarrhea later, but not to worry.  Jude must not have eaten much because he didn't have diarrhea and wasn't fussy the rest of the day like they said he might be due to a stomach ache.   All in all, never trust a quiet toddler.

Just thought you'd like to know!

No comments: