Thursday, August 18, 2011

I suppose I wasn't ambitious last night...

But, I'm here now!  So we talked about Caitlin's visit and Jude turning 2 months old.  Now for that dreaded 'w' word:  work.  Well, I went back.  And to be honest with you, it isn't all that horrible.  In fact, I really absolutely love the people I work with (hey guys!), the students at our school, and my less busy new position.  It's just the idea that I have to be away from my baby that I'm struggling with.  There really isn't a job more important than being a mom, so it's strange to have to leave him to go to another.  My mind is still elsewhere when I'm at work (Sheryl, you caught me....), but given some time I have a feeling I'll be able to balance the two well (it's just a year, it's just a year...that's what I keep telling myself).  I'm dying to get into a routine, and soon that will come.

My first day back at work




I dropped him off at my mom's house and thought about him the whole day.  We are so lucky the grandmas will be able to watch him!  I didn't even cry the whole way to work.  Look at me go, being so strong.

Jude's first time in the pool

We figured if he loves his baths so much we might as well soak up the sun at grandma's house before they move.












He had a great time!

Randoms


just watching tv

Like father like son.

We thought it would be appropriate to wear this to our 2 month checkup.  The doctor loved it.


hanging out while mommy cooks


Jude hates to be burped.......

.....see.

First time in his highchair.  We loved the addition to our dinner.

He was a great boy the whole time.

He just sat there and looked cute.

for example



yeah ok, now you're pushin' it



My tired boys.




Tired boys, again.



We were busy on Saturday with a funeral in the morning and a wedding in the afternoon.  This was the perfect outfit for both.





Gets me every time.  He found his friends again!



I just bought a bumbo and we love it!


Our friend Gavin came over for a playdate.  He is a month younger than Jude and the two of them were so cute together!


He was exhausted after playing.

So as you can see we're still busy, busy, busy around here.  This weekend will be no different.  We're gonna help grandma and grandpa move into their new house.  Should be a fun time!

No comments: