Thursday, March 1, 2012

An extra day? OK!

Hey guys!  Yesterday was Leap Day.  Not a huge deal to me normally, but it was a big deal yesterday for a couple reasons:

1.  We closed on our house in St. Louis!
2.  I was home to watch Jude 'walk' around the house.

Do you know how weird it is to own a house in St. Louis but not have the keys yet?  Yeah, incredibly weird.  I'm dying to get in and start decorating!  I've been craving a visit to Lowes, and now I sort of have the perfect excuse to go get some paint swatches.  Would you like to take a peek at our new place?



family/living room
                         



dining room


galley kitchen (sort of closed off from the house....I have ideas on how to change that) 




office (aka craft room! right off the dining room, and yes, this color will go)

1/2 bath right off the kitchen

finished basement family room (aka an excuse for Chris to get a bigger TV - not happening)


guest bedroom



upstairs bathroom (so in love with the floor!)


Jude's room


master bedroom (we won't even have to paint it - love the green, of course!)




tiny backyard = less for me to mow! (plus there is a park down the street)

2 car garage = happy hubby!


Moving will be bittersweet, but having a house we love will make it a little easier (we hope).  I can't wait to post some after photos.  To be honest, the house is in great shape and doesn't need anything but cosmetic touches, my favorite!  My first to do list item is adding flowers and window boxes to the front.  The second will be to paint the craft room.  I will probably then move on to the kitchen.  Can you tell I'm excited?

Besides closing on our new house, Jude kept us quite busy yesterday.  If you are curious as to what he's been up to lately, take a look for yourself.  While you're watching, I would like to draw your attention to how each of these end.








 

Notice a pattern?  He's sure keeping me on my toes!  Yay for March, by the way.  Can't believe it's here!

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

"Are you looking for daddy?" Noooooope, I want this power cord to the sewing machine!! Hahaha He is so cute with those socks in his mouth. I said to Jonny, "Is that a sock in his mouth" and then right on cue you started talking about it. What a funny boy. Your new house looks great!! YAY for closing! Congratulations!! Now I've just got to figure out a time to come out. Wish I could be there the whole summer! Oh, the good old days without responsibility...remember those?

Gabrielle said...

I remember those days so vividly I had to do a whole post on them. Remember when we'd do nothing but sit on the beach all day? The only struggle for us was finishing the book or mag we were 'reading' and keeping the food from flying away. I do also remember it took you like 4 years to finish The Lovely Bones....just saying. UGH. missing those days right now. because slowly life has taken over and we're supposed to work and do other things with our time so we can have money to support ourselves.

auddi Leos said...

Let's go out for fourth of July!!!!!! I also love the new house!!!!! and Jude!!! And the fact that you say, "No, thank you." to Judebug when he's being Mr. Mischief. Also love your Veritas blanket. And the beach. And YOU!!