Friday, October 4, 2013

Motherhood

It's late and I'm awake (I'll regret it in the morning).  I somehow found myself scrolling through all my Facebook photos (there's a lot) and I thought to myself, "oh gol, what happened to me?!"  

My hair was blonde. And blow-dried and straightened.
My eyebrows were plucked and like perfectly shaped.
There was makeup on my face.
I was wearing cute clothes that fit without too much of a muffin top.
Heels?! I wore heels.
There were these cute things I carried around my shoulder that held my lipgloss (God forbid I go without some gloss) and wallet.
I traveled to places....other than Target.
I was carefree and so, so happy.

Meanwhile, tonight, before looking through all the photos, I was feeling pretty good about myself because at least I brushed my teeth.  Don't even ask if I washed my face...(the answer would be no). And it hit me: I am living a completely different life than I was 2 years ago.  Because two years ago life was about me.  I had no one else to worry about but myself, and what I'd be doing on the weekends, and what I'd wear, and what color eyeshadow I'd put on. And can't forget the gloss!

Now I worry I'll even get to take a shower (people, that takes way too much strategic planning with 2 kids). Now I worry if my kids have clean clothes, and not super saggy diaps, and where I put the desitin and did I pay that bill, and what is that scratch on Jude's leg and why is he so quiet and should Lucy be turning away from food like that and where's the bottle with the nipple she likes and can I make a sandwich and feed a bottle at the same time and did I put away the milk from this morning and are the doors locked and who's that person outside that looks suspicious and might kill us all and did I call the dr and make that appt and will Chris ever come home?

Just like that, you guys, Just. Like. That. That is my brain constantly. It just goes. And Goes. And if you paid any attention, you would notice that I made no mention of outfits. Or makeup. Or cute purses. I wish I had time to worry about that stuff. Because don't get me wrong, I love that stuff! There's just bigger fish to fry. And other 'accessories' to worry about. 

And I don't mean to toot my own horn, but these accessories are even cuter than any outfits or purses I own. 

So I'm gonna enjoy this time of constantly pretending that dry shampoo is just as good as a real shower, and throwing on dirty stretchy pants because they were conveniently ready for me on the floor from the day before.  One day I might have to look socially acceptable again. Until then, I'm just gonna go ahead and say these two stole all the cuteness.






Nighty night! Off to get some beauty sleep if you know what I mean...

Ps. Jude woke up twice in the making of this post. No wonder I have no energy for eyeshadow...




No comments: