Saturday, May 5, 2012

Craving

Not sure why I never purchased a cruiser bicycle before. They're not all that expensive and I feel like it would be so fun to ride around, not to mention get good exercise. I'm a little intimidated by busy streets so I wish there was a beach around where I could cruise up and down the boardwalk. California friends, do this! Do this just because you can.

But since we have no boardwalk, I might have to settle for a park. I'll need to do a bit of investigating, but there is a huge park in St. Louis that might, just might, be the big open path I've been looking for. Kaity, know anything about Forest Park and it's bike path?

If so I might want to ride around in these. Only one prob, we'd need some kid friendly accessories so I can pull around my small child. Minor detail that I'm sure we'd be able to work out! Oh and I'd have to add a basket to the green one, of course, because you always need a bike basket!

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

how funny, you must have just seen shark tank about it (because it was just on and then i saw your post). check out villy customs. you can custom make a beach cruiser bike. but, in no way will i allow you to make that purchase. sowwy (maybe for your beach house when we are 40)

KT @ KT's Refinishing School said...

The bike paths in Forest Park are pretty good--we didn't have bikes when we lived there but our upstairs neighbors did and rode them around U City/the Loop and Forest Park often. You won't see many beach cruiser bikes there (even though I love them too!) but you will see lots of bikes, runners and even some roller blades haha