Thursday, June 16, 2011

Because I'm Up

On Saturday Jude will be 2 weeks old.  We've been learning a lot about each other over that time and it's cute when I catch myself or the hubs say something like "Oh, that's not like our Jude bug" or "He's probably hungry, that's his hungry cry".  I love that we think we know so much about him already.  For the first few nights I couldn't remember what he looked like and would have to glance over to see him to be reminded.  Now I can't get his beautiful face outta my mind.  Motherhood sure is amazing.

But it's also a full time job.  Wow, super exhausting.  I'll just lay it on the line, I had my first (of probably many) emotional breakdowns yesterday.  I just couldn't grasp the fact that my life has been consumed by feeding, pumping, feeding, changing, repeat.  I think I just needed a good cry.  So I did.  And in the end, I felt much better.  I mean with any life change there comes some emotion.  This one, mixed with some hormones = at least some crying, right?  But then I look at Jude and realize it's all worth it.

Needless to say, the love I have for this child exceeds any words in our english language.  I don't just love him, I look at him and see love.  Jude is what love looks like ...... and it's incredible.  Everyone always said you would never believe you could love so unconditionally.  Now I'm starting to understand.

So what have we been up to other than our crazy schedule?


Well, Aunt Jenny and Nana Hasiak stopped by and made us dinner, which was great because to be honest with you, we probably would've starved without it.

Aunt Jenny!

I realized I didn't have a lot of pics with Jude, so I took this self shot.  And then I quickly remembered why I didn't have many pics with him .... can't wait til I start caring about my appearance again!

Jude loves hanging out in his boppy pillow

Such a little man

Another day, another boppy pillow hanging outage.

We went on our first walk to the doctors today.  Good thing it's not that far away.  Jude loved his stroller and fell asleep right after this pic.


 Walking home from his appointment.  We were hoping for a weight gain, and we got one!  Jude gained 3oz in 2 days which means our feeding is going much better.  Thank God!  We love our doctor, but we were seeing her way too often.

Aunt Lauren aka Auntie La La came over to hang out ...

.... and this seemed to happen.

My Uncle Tim and Aunt Genise were even in town from KC and popped by to meet Jude bug.

And here we are....the happy little family.  Which makes me realize, we don't have many (if any) family shots other than this one.  I better get on the ball with that...



And now.....some sleep.....until the next feeding.

1 comment:

KT @ KT's Refinishing School said...

Gabrielle, you look great! Glad to hear Jude is gaining weight--he is such a cute little peanut :)