Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Progress

One thing I love?  Making progress on our house.  As in, really making changes and getting things done.  Instead of just having the ideas in my mind and never actually doing them. 

Finally, we've made some progress on this baby room.  It's taken us forever, mostly because I haven't been able to think of the right theme.  We've gone from monkey/jungle to turtle/under the sea to preppy plaid to stars and back again.  I liked each of those for like a week and then I'd go back to not wanting them.

Then I just decided why do we need a theme anyway?  In the end I just wanted it to have the right colors.  I'm all about color.  You might be saying, you're all about color and you painted the baby room gray?  The answer: YES.  It needed to be gray.  Just had to be.  I loved the idea of a subtle, calming gray on the walls.  Not to mention, gender neutral. You know, just in case they're wrong about this whole boy thing.  Which if that's the case, we'll be needing to have a boy soon, cause I've got way too many clothes to have 'em go to waste! Here are a few pictures of the progress.

FROM THIS

We've had the crib for a while.  Christopher found it on clearance (50% off) at Target months ago.  Anyone surprised?

The changing table goes with the crib.  Do you see it over there in all that mess? 

No, we don't have an older child...we just inherited the bed from our brother and sister-in-law.  I think we'll have to move it eventually because that's the only place the rocker goes. 

Yay clutter!  And we had that dresser before, but doesn't it go perfectly with the other furniture?  Too bad it's full of all my clothes.  Sorry Beany, there's no room in there for your stuff.  Daddy thinks I have a shopping problem because I have 2 closets and 3 chests of drawers full of clothes.  He's not completely right.


That diaper genie's gonna really come in handy.  No stinky diaps in our house!

We hung the shelf.  I found most of these items at the goodwill and painted that quote.  Very cheap decor!  Just the way I like it.


TO THIS
I love the twin bed in there.  I think I'll be sad if we have to get rid of it for the rocking chair.  The sheet on the crib matches it so well.

I'm going to sew a crib skirt.  I just couldn't find one that I loved at any store so the next best option: make one yourself.  Much cheaper too.  Also, I couldn't handle the curtains that were just hanging straight down.  I have the weirdest pet peeves.  Got a little extra wedding ribbon and tied them back.  I love that look so much more! 

Sometimes I get sad about leaving this house and moving to St. Louis.  This is one of those times:  when I look at that window and think about how cute it would be to have the kids sitting on the window seat reading....or let's get real...playing on their DS or ipod (I'm a 3rd grade teacher...I know what kids do these days).

Yeah, I will never not love this green....from wedding color to baby color.  Thank God it works for a girl or a boy!

This area is still a work in progress...

One last pic of the room...for now.....

Baby, we're almost ready for you, Love.   Get here soon (er than later!)

2 comments:

JH said...

This is an adorable room! Great job :-)

Ann said...

the room is looking super cute. but then again, i would expect nothing less :)
-Ann