Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sleep

Do you ever get to work in the morning and wish somehow you could turn back the clock to right before you went to bed the night before?  Cause I do.  I wish that on a daily basis.  I just really love sleep.  And right now I'm craving some more. 

That's because last night I didn't get much quality sleep.  And trust me, I'm someone who knows the difference.  I was up at least 3 times peeing (tmi?  Thank you Baby Hasiak...) and the second time I got up, Baby decided it was also a good time to get up and the kicks/rumbling in my belly was so powerful, I literally couldn't fall back asleep.  Then I got a random coughing spell.  Is this some twisted joke for soon-to-be new moms?  Like God is saying You just wait...you have no idea how little sleep you'll be getting soon.  I mean, thanks for the heads up/preparation, but everyone says sleep now!  And to that I tell you...I'm trying!

On a side note...Christopher's graduating this weekend from med school and I couldn't be more excited or proud of him.  We're throwing a party at our house this weekend so check back for some pics.  Other than the fact that I'm totally excited for this weekend's festivities, you know what they mean? 

No sleep for this girl

3 comments:

KT @ KT's Refinishing School said...

Congratulations to Chris on graduating! I hope you are able to get more sleep soon :)

Anonymous said...

GA-H...here is an excerpt from a work piece (that you'll get when you're in the hospital)...it explains why your little boy is active at night time :)

[excerpt from MWH Baby Binder]

"Your baby comes to you with an established sleep cycle very different from yours.
- Your newborn learned his own sleep pattern while living in the uterus.
- This pattern generally includes two longer, deeper sleep cycles in a 24-hour time period, usually during the daytime.
- While you were pregnant, you rocked your baby to sleep during the day as you walked and moved around. Your baby became more wakeful when you were less active or sleeping, typically at night."

Ann said...

I have to say - I'm loving reading the blogs. Between you, Annie, Leslie - good stuff :)
-Ann