Thursday, May 26, 2011

Summa Summa Summa time!

Just a quick hello!  It's been really busy around here.  I just finished school yesterday and it was "a mixed bag".  I say this because that's what one of my students said in reference to her feelings about the last day of school.  Seriously, what 3rd grader calls the last day of school "a mixed bag"?  Totally love it. 

After the students were freed for summer....I mean...after the teachers were freed for the summer...we headed to lunch which included mexican food and a baby shower!  Two of my favorite things!  It was so cute.  The theme was storybook so all of the teachers bought their favorite book.  Isn't that perfect?  Now Beaners has his own little collection.  Can't wait til we can read them together!

I spent today packing up my classroom.  As most of you know, I won't be teaching 3rd grade next year.  Instead, I'll be the Library and Computer teacher at the same school.  This is the best of both worlds!  I'll have all the students again but my job responsibilities will be much less aka NO grading, NO parent/teacher conferences, NO (ok, hardly any) lesson planning, AND it's only 4 days a week!  I'll have Wednesdays off with my little love.  I know, I got very lucky.

So you might be wondering, how is that little one?  Well, he seems to be doing great!  He's apparently not ready to come out quite yet, even though his mommy and daddy are so ready for his big debut.  We went to the doctor yesterday and I'm 'making progress' whatever that means.  I'm dialated 2cm now, which I guess isn't a bad thing.  Tomorrow I'm planning on packing that ever-so-important bag.  You know, the one you grab when it's time.  Everyone asks if I'm scared of going into labor and to be honest with you I'm not at all.  Let's hope I feel that way when the contractions start! 

No comments: