Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Ton of Bricks

Guys, it's hit me.  I totally feel pregnant.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I've known this all along, but I've been off the hook with pregnancy symptoms since the beginning.  Everyone always told me I'd feel sick, or uncomfortable, and I had no idea what they were talking about.  Until now.

This weekend was a busy weekend  for us (I promise I'll get some pictures/videos up from graduation...I just haven't been able to gather the energy for it yet) and I think I overdid it.  Saturday I was on my feet from 7am-1am and at the time I was just so excited for Chris I didn't let it bother me.  Sunday morning, when I went to get up (at 11am mind you), I put my foot down and almost fell.  It was that bad.  I looked at my feet and they were....swollen!  Everyone told me I'd get swollen, but everyone also told me I'd get sick and it never happened so I just considered myself one of the lucky ones.  But these feet...wow...they were monsters!  If anyone knows anything about being pregnant, I have a question for you...do your feet stay monstrous or do they eventually go back to normal?  Buying a whole new wardrobe of shoes could be dangerous.  And by dangerous I mean...fabulous!

Needless to say, this has been quite the week.  Each day starts with the battle of what shoes actually fit (the whole matching thing is not even an issue at this point) and ends with which position can I get in to actually fall asleep?   In case you were wondering, the best position I have found is on my side with a pillow between my legs and me cuddling another pillow in between my arms...basically anything involving a pillow is a good thing.

I've practically driven the hubs crazy with my irritability, too.  He's been the best, for the record.  He's made dinner, given massages, and just totally been understanding of the fact that all of a sudden I feel hit by a truck.  All in all, I do feel lucky that this uncomfort hasn't sunken in until the 36th week.  I know it could've been so much worse, but it's time, Beaners, we need you now!!

We'll see what the doctor says today.  If I'm measuring big, who knows, maybe we'll pop this kiddo out sooner.  If not, well, Chris will have a few more massages to give and dinners to make.  As for me, well, I'll just try to squeeze into my shoes and become extra close with those pillows.

1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

Thanks, Kaity! Really, it could be much worse. I'm so dramatic, but I completely agree with you...he better come soon! I'll let you know what the doctor says.