Thursday, April 14, 2011

Pizza down the mountain!

Unfortunately, only my sister Lauren will really understand the title of this post.  But seeing as how it's her birthday today, it's fitting that only she knows.  But if you're curious now, it has to do with skiing.  And her unbelievable ability to just go straight down.  With her feet turned in.  Like in the shape of a pizza.  At least that's what she did when we went to Breckenridge a few years ago.  Straight down.  I was amazed.  Remember, "Do it for Dad!"  Needless to say, we aren't the best skiers known to mankind.

Anyway, it's Lauren's birthday today and who knows how old she is.  No honestly, I seriously never know.  I don't know why I always struggle with Lauren and Alex's ages.  I also never seem to understand what grade they're in.  I had no idea you were graduating this year Lauren aka in a few weeks, but I guess it makes sense, seeing as how you're a senior and everything (apparently).  But nonetheless, I hope you're having the greatest birthday in Duluth.  We miss you in Omaha and I love you so much.  And that story you told me today about the P .... well, that really needs to never be shared again.  I'm just sayin'....

Lauren and her boyfriend Ted.  Aren't they adorable? 


I spent Lauren's birthday at my students' spring concert tonight.  They sang some Mary Poppins songs which were cute.  They had the most energy, which was to be expected.  They always do.  But when you have several people ask you if that's how they are all the time and in your head you think um, that was a tame version of them then you're bound to come home everyday and pass out.  Which is what I do usually.  Except for today, because, well, I had to be there.  I have this feeling tomorrow is going to be extra hard for me to roll out of bed!

Speaking of bed, I'm going to head there now.  But before I go I better let you know how Baby H is doing.  The appointment went well yesterday!  No luck at an ultrasound.  Wow, those are hard to come by apparently.  Little one's measuring right and heartbeat sounds great.  Can't wait to meet him!

2 comments:

KT @ KT's Refinishing School said...

I love your blog and especially the title--perfect for us Pasadena girls :)

Your mention of the Spring concert reminded me of Assumption spring concerts of old--those were so much better than the Christmas concerts!

Gabrielle said...

The school I teach at reminds me of Assumption! One class per grade and just the old classrooms with lots windows lining the entire side! It's pretty funny that sometimes I feel like I'm reliving my childhood. And other times I ask myself, we were seriously that awkward? The answer is probably yes.

The spring concert is exactly like Assumption's, too! The Christmas concert here is really similar to Assumption's as well, with the nativity story and such. How many times did we really have to do that same thing over and over?! Spring concert was waaaaay more fun! God Bless those Puchenellis...not sure how to spell their last name, but you know EXACTLY who I'm talking about!!