Monday, April 4, 2011

There's always tomorrow

As I sit here on my couch, 31 weeks pregnant, I'm looking around at the house and thinking about how I should really, really, really do something about how messy it is.  I've found out that I'm an organization/clean freak when it comes to my house, although you'd never be able to tell.  Instead, I just stress out about it. and watch Dancing with the Stars.  Then I somehow decide to blame my laziness on the fact that I'm pregnant.  Even though I really have nothing to complain about.  I've had the greatest pregnancy any woman could ask for.  The only real bad thing that stands out is how tired I always am, but really, who isn't?  Needless to say, the cleaning and laundry desperately needs to get done, but oh well, there's always tomorrow.

Before I go, I have to share a funny teaching story.  As a teacher I should really write a book with all the funny things my students say. This one might be a "you had to be there' sorta thing, but I'm writing it anyway. 

Each week in school we have a weekly theme we discuss in reading class.  This week the theme is "Making Money."  So I went around the room and asked each student what they did to make money at their young age.  There were the usual responses: chores, lemonade stands, selling art, yard sales, yada yada.  Then I get to one of my favorite students (yeah, yeah, I know we're not supposed to have 'favorites' but he's so cute, he'd be yours too) and asked him how he makes money.  He starts by saying, "Well, every Saturday there's this show called the Suze Orman show..." Um, hilarious, what 3rd grader knows Suze Orman?? And he pronounced the name correctly!  He kept going, "Well, it's a good show and there's a part of the show called 'can you afford this?'.  If the people can't afford things, they're denied.  I watch it with my parents and if I guess right I get a dollar.  My mom owes me like 3 dollars cause this weekend there were like THREE DENIES!!!"  Ok, seriously, it was the funniest thing ever at the time.  Sometimes (most of the time) I wish I had my day recorded in full just to relive moments like that.

Kids can be great.  I can't wait for my own!  9 more weeks til the teaner!

Yep...still haven't cleaned.  Just thought about it and felt guilty.

No comments: